The following is a great example of what a caregiver resume should look like. It is specifically designed both for experienced and entry-level caregivers. You should obviously modify this template to match your skill set.
Make sure you match your caregiver resume with as many job requirements as possible.
This resume or CV is useful for all countries including USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, Dubai and South Africa and others.
In addition, use this caregiver cover letter to make an effective job application package.
Caregiver Job Description should match your caregiver resume.
Correct, don’t lie, but, if you have the skills make sure you add them your resume. Remember, most employers are looking for certain things on a caregiver resume. so be sure to use their language.
As a caregiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes.
These services generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Secondary responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations
The caregiver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
The caregiver position provides opportunities for a variety of shifts, including overnight.
Caregiver Resume Objectives
Caregivers are experienced personnel responsible for taking care of people unable to care for themselves, such as babies, toddlers, physically or mentally disabled people, and the elderly. While some caregivers are practicing nurses working in a care center, others are caregivers by profession through certifications or experience. The caregiver job objective you write on your resume should indicate your competency and identify the type of care giving work you’re after.
1. As a proud member of the healthcare sector for over 6 years, I have worked as a caregiver taking care of babies as young as a day old and as old as 100. My multi-tasking skill, patience and dependability matched with dedication to caregiving can be ideal to any care center.
2. Compassionate, experienced caregiver trained with providing assistance to old people who need companionship, assistance in day-to-day errands, and special medical attention. Certified Nurse Aide with training in First Aid, CPR and Basic Life Support.
3. Nursing graduate and certified caregiver is aiming to obtain employment in a firm that provides temporary caregiving assistance to families with newborn babies.
4. This dedicated pediatric nurse with several years of caregiving experience is looking for a private family that requires the help of someone medically trained to determine emergencies, and treat young kids.
5. With a degree in physical therapy and over 4 years of experience taking care of the aged at Washington’s Mary Old Age Home, I have the skills and drive necessary in assisting elderly with physiotherapy and daily exercises.
6. To obtain a rewarding position as a caregiver with an Ohio-based healthcare facility that rewards dedication, passion and hard work with ongoing training and advancement opportunities.
7. Certified caregiver with First Aid certification is in need of a challenging caregiving position at a New York-based, non-profit organization.
8. As a freelance certified caregiver who has been helping new parents take care of babies within their private homes, I can provide dependable work filled with compassion and love to any family in need of assistance.
9. Seeking a full-time, rewarding position as a caregiver at Chicago’s Home for The Less Abled.
Caregiver Duties that belong on your Caregiver resume.
- Following the care plan as directed by supervising nurse.
- Assisting with bathing and grooming – This can include but is not limited to: shampooing hair, finger and toenail care, brushing teething, and shower assistance.
- Basic food preparation – From grocery shopping to actually preparing the food, it’s important to ensure the senior is displaying proper nutrition.
- Medication reminders – Caregivers must assure that medications are taken at the correct time as directed by the doctor.
- Light housekeeping – It’s important for caregivers to keep a safe and clean environment. Duties related to housekeeping will typically involve making the bed and and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen
- Transferring the client – This refers to transferring the client from chairs, from the toilet, from bed, and to and from a vehicle.
- Toileting – It’s important to assist with using the toilet to encourage comfort and prevent any infections
- Transportation – If a caregiver has a vehicle and a driver’s license, it’s likely they will help to take the elder around to doctor’s appointment and other activities.
- Monitoring changes in client’s health – When following the care plan, the supervising nurse will want to know if there are any changes in health that are concerning and that may need medical attention.
- Companionship – Possibly the most important of all caregiver duties, caregivers will be with the elder all day and it’s mutually beneficial if they enjoy one another’s company.
Sample Caregiver Resume for a Caregiver Position
Bo M. Jackson
38 Shallow North – Little Rock, AR 89551
(000) 555-1554, BOM@email . com
Seeking a challenging position in caregiving profession utilizing great enthusiasm and considerate nature, in order to make a real difference in the lives of individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND STRENGTHS
• Friendly, cheerful, dependable personality
• Able to give detailed and accurate care to clients
• Comprehensive knowledge of both child and elderly caregiving
• Thorough understanding of health and safety practices
• Hands-on experience in housekeeping and preparing nutritious meals
• Proven ability to communicate highly technical information in an accurate and customer-friendly way
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and careful—high level of correctness and attention to detail
• Fluent in English, French and Chinese
• Skilled in computers including MS Word and Excel
St. Louis Caregiving Agency – St.Louis, MS
Caregiver | July 2011 – Present
• Control and care for children
• Prepare infants and kids for rest periods
• Organize, activities for example games and outings for children
• Bathe, dress properly and feed infants and children
• Discipline children in keeping with the methods requested by the parents
• Keep records of everyday activities and health information about children
• Prepare and dish up healthy meals
• Sterilize bottles, organize formulas and change diapers for infants
• Wash, iron and press clothes and family linens
• Perform light maintenance and cleaning duties
• Travel with family on trips and help with child control and cleaning duties
Mrs. Beachum’s Home – Dallas, TX
Babysitter | May 2010 – July 2011
• Took charge of and care for children in the absence of regular caregiver
• Bathed, dressed and fed infants and children of ages 3 and 5
• Performed light housekeeping duties and plan meals for children in line with parents instructions
• Prepared formulas and change diapers for infants
• Organized activities, games and outings to give enjoyment and exercise
High School Diploma – 1999
First Aid Certification – 2008
CPR Training – 2006
REFERENCES:It is highly recommend that you include at least to references and these should be people that have known you for at least 5 years. Whom you trust to say something good about you. Former Bosses, friends, etc… don’t use your own family unless it is your only option.
Create your own caregiver resume online!